In Finish the Mission, contributors David Platt, Louie Giglio, Michael Ramsden, Ed Stetzer, Michael Oh, David Mathis, and John Piper take up the mantle of the Great Commission and its Spirit-powered completion.
From astronomy to exegesis, from apologetics to the Global South, and from being missional at home to employing our resources in the global cause, Finish the Mission aims to breathe fresh missionary fire into a new generation, as together we seek to reach the unreached and engage the unengaged.
In the Logos edition, this valuable volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Emphasizes that global missions, above all else, is about the worship of Jesus Christ
- Includes seven articles on the topic of missions
- Examines our call to missions, and what God has asked of each of us
- The Galactic God Who Invites Us into His Glorious Plan
- The Glory of God, the Lostness of Man, and the Gospel of Christ
- Christ, Courage, and Finishing the Mission
- From Every Land to Every Land: The Lord’s Purpose and Provision in the Lord’s Prayer
- To Our Neighbors and the Nations
- Let the Peoples Praise You, O God! Let All the Peoples Praise You!
- A Conversation with the Contributors
- Appendix: What Next? Disciple a Few
Praise for the Print Edition
Finish the Mission issues a clarion reminder of God’s enduring passion to glorify himself by blessing all nations on earth. The gospel and mission are inseparable. A clear understanding of the mission of the church is absolutely essential in today’s fast-changing global environment.
—Steve Richardson, president, Pioneers USA
- Title: Finish the Mission: Bringing the Gospel to the Unreached and Unengaged
- Editors: John Piper and David Mathis
- Publisher: Crossway
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 192
About the Editors
John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is teacher and founder of DesiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary. He served for 33 years as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis and is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Don’t Waste Your Life, God Is the Gospel, Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ, and many more.
David Mathis (MDiv, Reformed Theological Seminary Orlando) is executive editor at DesiringGod.org and an elder at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Bethlehem College and Seminary.