Reclaiming the Christian Intellectual Tradition (7 vols.)
by 8 authors Ryken, Philip Graham, Dockery, David S., George, Timothy, Fant, Gene C., Jr., Markos, Louis, Naugle, David K., Baker, Hunter, Mitchell, C. Ben
This collection of student’s guides provides an overview of several academic disciplines from the Christian perspective. These guides note how over the centuries the church has interacted with the culture, contributed to education, and significantly impacted our worldview. Reclaiming the Christian Intellectual Tradition is ideal for Christian students, university faculty and staff, pastors and church leaders, and anyone looking for materials discussing the connection between the Christian tradition and twenty-first century academia.
The Logos Bible Software edition of Reclaiming the Christian Intellectual Tradition is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of the Christian tradition’s place in today’s intellectual world. Scripture passages link directly to your preferred English translation and original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about Christianity’s connection to political thought, philosophy, literature, moral reasoning, and more.
- Provides a broad overview of modern academia from the Christian perspective
- Offers a guide to the connection between Christianity and modern academia
- Helps students engage with contemporary challenges to their faith in various academic fields
- Christian Worldview: A Student’s Guide by Philip Graham Ryken
- Ethics and Moral Reasoning: A Student’s Guide by C. Ben Mitchell
- The Great Tradition of Christian Thinking: A Student’s Guide by Timothy George and David S. Dockery
- The Liberal Arts: A Student’s Guide by Gene C. Fant Jr.
- Literature: A Student’s Guide by Louis Markos
- Philosophy: A Student’s Guide by David Naugle
- Political Thought: A Student’s Guide by Hunter Baker
- Title: Reclaiming the Christian Intellectual Tradition
- Editor: David S. Dockery
- Publisher: Crossways
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 896