This well-rounded collection of volumes on various theological topics blends systematic theology with theological exegesis and pastoral theology to create a valuable, multifaceted resource for theological investigation. Life Together in the Way of Jesus Christ presents a unique approach to systematics in this general introduction to theology. In Jesus and the Demise of Death, Matthew Levering takes up facets of Christology and eschatology by considering the eschatological life secured for believers through the work of Jesus who has led the way as the first to experience that glorified reality. Amos Yong, in Spirit of Love continues in the vein of systematics with a presentation of a Trinitarian theology of grace. The Betrayal of Charity presents a theology of love and considers the ways in which our fallen natures mitigate love. Carl Vaught, in The Sermon on the Mount, weds theology and exegesis by presenting a theological reading of the most famous sermon in history.
The last three volumes of the collection direct intellectual theological investigation outward to others and guide readers through ways to bring theological truths to bear in pastoral care. In Caring Cultures, Susan Dunlap investigates how cultural context affects pastoral care. Kristen Swenson, in Living through Pain, opens up the Psalms as an ancient source of pastoral care and shows that it continues to provide guidance through grief and pain today. Finally, Phil Zylla, in The Roots of Sorrow, provides many real-life examples of suffering and how to navigate those difficult circumstances.
The Logos Bible Software edition of this collection is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of theology and its practical goal in pastoral care. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about the resurrection, suffering, or any of the other topics addressed in these helpful volumes.
- Well-rounded theological collection blending systematic and pastoral theology
- Recent volumes on important topics in theology
- Life Together in the Way of Jesus Christ: An Introduction to Christian Theology by Dan R. Stiver
- Jesus and the Demise of Death: Resurrection, Afterlife, and the Fate of the Christian by Matthew Levering
- Spirit of Love: A Trinitarian Theology of Grace by Amos Yong
- The Betrayal of Charity: The Sins That Sabotage Divine Love by Matthew Levering
- The Sermon on the Mount: A Theological Investigation, Revised Edition, by Carl G. Vaught
- Caring Cultures: How Congregations Respond to the Sick by Susan J. Dunlap
- Living through Pain: Psalms and the Search for Wholeness by Kristin M. Swenson
- The Roots of Sorrow: A Pastoral Theology of Suffering by Phil C. Zylla
- Title: Baylor Theology Collection
- Publisher: Baylor University Press
- Volumes: 8
- Pages: 2,213