Noted pastor/teacher John MacArthur takes you through the key aspects of the Bible in this guide for students. For all sixty-six books, key doctrines, highlighted people, geographic, historical, and cultural background, cross references, how Christ is pictured, character/attributes of God, explanations of key words and interpretive challenges will be examined.
- "Why I Believe the Bible"
- How to interpret each type of literature
- Charts, timelines, and maps
- "Where to Find It" index of favorite passages and key Bible events, stories, and teachings
- Doctrinal studies (concise, with references and brief explanations)
- Index of people in the Bible
- Topical Index
- "How to Study the Bible" article
- Title: MacArthur's Quick Reference Guide to the Bible
- Author: Dr. John MacArthur
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2001
- Pages: 364
About Dr. John MacArthur
Dr. John MacArthur is an internationally known Christian leader. He is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA. Following in the steps of his father, Dr. Jack MacArthur, John represents five successful generations of pastors in his family. Dr. MacArther is also President of The Master's College and Seminary and is heard daily on "Grace to You," a nationally syndicated radio broadcast. He has written and edited many books, including the Gold Medallion Award-winning The MacArthur Study Bible. His most recent work is The MacArthur Scripture Memory System (Thomas Nelson) which helps people experience and remember fifty-two of the Bible's most beloved passages.