Holman Bible Handbook
by 6 authors Dockery, David S., Butler, Trent C., Church, Christopher, Scott, Linda L., Ellis Smith, Marsha A., White, James Emery
This practical tool brings an understanding of the ancient world together with the timeless message of God's Word to expand Biblical insights for the modern readers.
- Articles, outlines, and commentary from leading evangelical scholars
- Full color photos, illustrations, charts, and maps
- Special section on historical background and recent findings in biblical archaeology
- Notes on theological teaching and the ethical message of the Bible
- Study questions for further reflection
- Title: Holman Bible Handbook
- Editors: David S. Dockery
- Publisher: Broadman & Holman
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pages: 912
About David S. Dockery
David S. Dockery is President of Union University in Jackson, TN. In 2002 he was named a Distinguished Alumnus of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Dockery is a consulting editor for Christianity Today. He received a B. A. from the University of Alabama-Birmingham, a Masters from Grace Theological Seminary, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Texas Christian University. He holds a Ph. D. in Humanities from the University of Texas. He has published numerous articles and book reviews and is the author or editor of more than twenty-five books, including Interpreting the New Testament, Biblical Interpretation Then and Now, also in the Baker Hermeneutics Collection (14 Vols.), and Theologians of the Baptist Tradition which is also included in the Broadman & Holman Baptist History Collection (11 Vols.).