Studies on 1 & 2 Chronicles Collection (11 vols.)•
4 publishers 1990–2003
Studies in 1 & 2 Chronicles (11 Vols.) brings to light the different aspects of Chronicles such as the idea of restoration, how the development of the Near Eastern ideologies had an impact on monarchical ideologies and the relationships between the kings and the cultus of Jersalem.
The Chronicler as Theologian contains fifteen articles which analyze the texts of Chronicles, Ezra and Nehemiah. By being included in the historical books, the points raised in Chronicles can be misunderstood. In Chronicles and Exodus, William Johnstone presents the idea that Chronicles uses material from Samuel and Kings which gives us the version that we read today.
- Each volume includes a list of abbreviations used
- Includes a list of references and authors cited
Praise for the Print Edition
The subject of the collection is the theology of the Chronicler, and the studies cover an interesting range of topics. . . . These fine pieces, and the others in the volume, are a fitting gesture of affection and respect for this scholar.
- The Chronicler’s History, by Martin Noth
- The Chronicler as Theologian, edited by M. Patrick Graham, Stephen L. McKenzie and Gary N. Kneppers
- 2 Chronicles 10 –36: Guilt and Atonement, by William Johnstone
- Retribution and Eschatology in Chronicles, by Brian E. Kelly
- The Chronicler in His Age, Peter R. Ackroyd
- King and Cultus in Chronicles, William Riley
- The Chronicler as Historian, edited by M. Patrick Graham, Kenneth G. Hoglund and Stephen L. McKenzie
- The Chronicler as Author, edited by M. Patrick Graham and Stephen L. McKenzie
- The Lord’s Song: The Basis, Function and Significance of Choral Music in Chronicles, John W. Kleinig
- Chronicles and Exodus: An Analogy and its Application, by William Johnstone
- The Persuasive Appeal of the Chronicler: A Rhetorical Analysis, by Rodney K. Duke
- Title: Studies on 1 & 2 Chronicles collection (11 Vols.)
- Publisher: Sheffield Academic Press, T & T Clark International
- Volumes: 11
- Pages: 3,276