Theology of the Old Testament Collection (11 vols.)•
Sheffield Academic Press, T&T Clark 1988–2006
What does the book of Job say about the problem of evil? What do the eschatological writings in the Old Testament tell us about God and the world? What do we mean when we call God “King”? How do God’s mandates for Israel’s holiness and the rules in the Torah apply to Christians today?
The Old Testament is freighted with theological language. It establishes the parameters for how we are to relate to God, and reveals a centuries-long history of God’s relationship with his people. The Old Testament reveals not only God’s creation and humanity’s fall, but also the world’s need for a Savior. It establishes the foundation on which Christian theology is based, and speaks to modern assumptions about God and the world. That makes understanding Old Testament theology vital for theologians and pastors in today’s church.
The Theology of the Old Testament Collection contains 11 volumes of scholarship on the Old Testament. In addition to book-length studies, this collection also contains collected volumes of essays, articles, and shorter studies—more than 150 in all. Contributors include F. F. Bruce, Walter Brueggemann, John Rogerson, Philip R. Davies, Stanley Porter, and numerous other top biblical scholars.
With the Logos Bible Software edition, all Scripture references are linked to the original language texts and the English Bibles in your library. By employing the advanced search features in Logos, you can find the exact theological topics, Scripture references, and subjects you’re looking for. Whether you’re studying what the Old Testament says about theological topics, or you’re researching the development of theological themes in the Bible, the Logos Bible Software edition is right for you. Pastors, students, theologians, and biblical scholars will benefit from these important resources.
- Clear exposition of theological topics in the Bible
- Book-length studies, plus over 150 essays, scholarly articles, and shorter studies
- Contributions from F. F. Bruce, Walter Brueggemann, John Rogerson, Philip R. Davies, Stanley Porter, and numerous other top biblical scholars
- All Scripture references linked to the original language texts and English Bible translations in your library
- Eschatology in the Bible and in Jewish and Christian Tradition, by Henning Graf Reventlow
- God and Earthly Power: An Old Testament Political Theology, by J. G. McConville
- God is King: Understanding an Israelite Metaphor, Marc Zvi Brettler
- God’s Holy People: A Theme in Biblical Theology, by Jo Bailey Wells
- Into the Hands of the Living God, by Lyle Eslinger
- Justice and Righteousness: Biblical Themes and their Influence, by Henning Graf Reventlow and Yair Hoffman
- The Problem of Evil and its Symbols in Jewish and Christian Tradition, by Henning Graf Reventlow and Yair Hoffman
- Israelite Religion and Biblical Theology: Collected Essays, by Patrick D. Miller
- Ascribe to the Lord: Biblical and Other Essays in Memory of Peter C. Craigie, by Lyle Eslinger
- The Bible in Human Society: Essays in Honor of John Rogerson, by R. Carroll, David J. A. Clines, Philip R. Davies
- The Bible in Three Dimensions: Essays in Celebration of Forty Years of Biblical Studies in the University of Sheffield, by David J.A. Clines, Stephen E. Fowl, Stanley E. Porter
- Title: Theology of the Old Testament Collection
- Publisher: T & T Clark and Sheffield Academic
- Volumes: 11
- Pages: 4,022