Mobile Ed: NT156 The Significance of the Resurrection•
Lexham Press 2016
This insightful course on Jesus’ death and resurrection is presented by a team of respected Christian theologians, including Douglas J. Moo, Ben Witherington, Elyse Fitzpatrick, Darrell L. Bock, and Michael W. Goheen. These instructors have written multiple contemporary studies on this historical event and its significance for the Christian, and students will be able to gain the clearest insight with their guidance. Under these instructors you will discover new perspectives on the texts that are perennially used as sources of discussion on Jesus’ sacrifice and defeat of sin.
Upon successful completion you should be able to:
- Relate the Jewish cultural elements present at the time of Jesus’ death that indicated the timing of his burial
- Connect the New Testament resurrection account to elements within the Old Testament
- Better understand the meaning of the resurrection theologically and missiologically
- Introducing the Course, John Schwandt
The Death and Burial of Jesus
- A Case Study: Madeline, Elyse Fitzpatrick
- The Cross and the Gospels, Douglas J. Moo
- Trial before Pilate, Mark L. Strauss
- The Cross and Christus Victor, Douglas J. Moo
- The Crucifixion, Mark L. Strauss
- At the Foot of the Cross, Ben Witherington
- Jewish Piety Required Burial, Craig A. Evans
The Resurrection of Jesus
- An Introduction to Resurrection, Darrell L. Bock
- Resurrection and the Old Testament, Darrell L. Bock
- The Significance and Meaning of the Resurrection of Jesus, Michael W. Goheen
- Jesus’ Post-Resurrection Appearances: Function, Joel Willitts
- The Resurrection in Matthew: The Great Commission, Daniel M. Doriani
- Resurrection and the New Realm, Douglas J. Moo
- Attaining to the Resurrection, Robert B. Sloan
- Title: NT156 Understanding Easter: The Significance of the Resurrection
- Instructors: Elyse Fitzpatrick, Douglas J. Moo, Mark L. Strauss, Ben Witherington, Craig A. Evans, Darrell L. Bock, Michael W. Goheen, Joel Willitts, Daniel M. Doriani, Robert B. Sloan, and John Schwandt
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2016
- Product Type: Logos Mobile Education
- Resource Type: Courseware, including transcripts, audio, activities, and video resources
- Courses: 1
- Video Hours: 2
Meditations on the Life of Christ
- Instructors: David deSilva, Peter Leithart, Jay Sklar, Joel Willitts, Ken Waters, Tremper Longman, Greg Forster, and Joshua Jipp
- Video Hours: 1.5
Getting the most out of Mobile Ed
Mobile Ed is a highly effective mobile learning environment that incorporates the powerful study tools found in Logos Bible Software.
With any Logos library base package, you will be able to view the lectures and interact with the transcripts. For the best learning experience, we recommend you use Logos Platinum.
- Readings for the courses are often tailored to Platinum because the larger library provides access to a wide range of suggested resources and increases search results for further study.
- The Platinum collection best matches the resources used in screencasts. It includes a breadth of commentaries, original-language studies, and over 1,400 resources to deepen your study.