Discussions about gender roles and women in church leadership continue in many Christian denominations. With good people and thorough arguments on each side of the divide, there seems to be little hope for a synthesis or even constructive dialogue. The Women in the Church collection includes six volumes of well-documented, biblical scholarship on both the complementarian and egalitarian sides of the debate, making it a valuable resource for any Christian hoping to seriously engage in this important conversation.
Respected authors offer various perspectives on gender roles, biblical identity, women in church and social leadership, sexuality, and other relevant issues. Professors and students in theology and gender studies, pastors, church leaders, and thoughtful lay readers will appreciate this collection for its spectrum of views on controversial topics.
The Logos edition makes this resource even more relevant, saving you time and strengthening your study. Clicking any Scripture reference links directly to your preferred English translation and original-language texts for easier biblical analysis of these important issues. Perform comprehensive searches by topic to compare the perspectives of theologians, scholars, and ministry professionals.
- Contains recent scholarship on issues of gender equality and biblical identity
- Offers various perspectives on women in church and social leadership
- Examines controversial issues in light of Scripture
- John G. Stackhouse Jr.
- Linda L. Belleville
- Richard Clark Kroeger
- Catherine Clark Kroeger
- Alan G. Padgett
- Gilbert Bilezikian
- Kristina LaCelle-Peterson
- Title: Women in the Church Collection
- Publisher: Baker
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 1,322
- Christian Group: Evangelicals
- As Christ Submits to the Church: A Biblical Understanding of Leadership and Mutual Submission by Alan G. Padgett
- Beyond Sex Roles: What the Bible Says about a Woman’s Place in Church and Family by Gilbert Bilezikian
- Finally Feminist: A Pragmatic Christian Understanding of Gender by John G. Stackhouse Jr.
- I Suffer Not a Woman: Rethinking 1 Timothy 2:11–15 in Light of Ancient Evidence by Richard Clark Kroeger and Catherine Clark Kroeger
- Liberating Tradition: Women’s Identity and Vocation in Christian Perspective by Kristina LaCelle-Peterson
- Women Leaders and the Church: Three Crucial Questions by Linda L. Belleville
Women Leaders and the Church: Three Crucial Questions
- Authors: Linda L. Belleville
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pages: 224