Biblical Languages: Reference Grammars and Introductions (19 vols.)
by 22 authors Robert Payne Smith, Theodor Noldeke, George Buchanan Gray, Basil L. Gildersleeve, Gonzalez Lodge, Henry St. John Thackeray, F. C. Conybeare, St. George Stock, Herbert Weir Smyth, Brooke Foss Westcott, Fenton John Anthony Hort, Henry Barclay Swete, Edwin Abbott Abbott, J. B. Greenough, J. H. Allen, Frederick Field, William W. Goodwin, Eberhard Nestle, Samuel Rolles Driver, Wickes, William, Monro, D. B., Bennett, Charles E.
The 19-volume Biblical Languages: Reference Grammars and Introductions brings together an impressive compilation of the most important reference grammars and ground-breaking technical introductions to biblical texts ever published! These volumes have defined the contours of biblical language scholarship for the past century, and included some of the biggest names in the field.
We’ve grouped some of the most important grammars and technical language reference works into this singular collection. With scholars such as Westcott, Hort, Field, Abbot, Goodwin, and more than a dozen others, we have designed the ultimate collection for the study of the Greek New Testament, the Septuagint, and the development of the Greek language, as well as for advanced Hebrew, Latin, and Syriac studies. These are the most widely-cited and frequently used volumes in biblical scholarship. From Abbot’s Johannine Grammar and Vocabulary to Westcott and Hort’s Introduction to the New Testament, we’re making complex grammars and technical reference works easy to use, and giving you the tools you need for advanced language study and textual criticism.
The Logos Bible Software edition of Biblical Languages: Reference Grammars and Introductions takes full advantage of the powerful tools in your digital library to make complex grammars, technical reference works, and some of the most important volumes on the biblical languages ever published more accessible than ever! This collection is designed for biblical language scholarship—for anyone who wants to dig as deep as possible into the languages of the cultures that shaped and produced the text of the modern Bible. The Greek grammars make this an essential addition to the libraries of New Testament scholars, Greek scholars, graduate students, and seminarians. This collection is also a must-have for textual critics, Old Testament and Septuagint scholars, classicists, and Syriac scholars.
What’s more, the equivalent print editions of this collection are virtually unavailable for less than $500.00. For a limited time, we have priced this Pre-Pub so low that if only a few of these books interest you, the entire 19-volume collection is still an amazing deal! This Pre-Pub price won’t last, so place your order now to take advantage of the lowest Pre-Pub price!
- 10 Greek grammars, lexicons, and reference works
- 2 Hebrew grammars
- 3 Latin grammars, including Gildersleeve’s Latin Grammar
- 3 Syriac works, including Smith’s A Compendious Syriac Dictionary
- Scripture texts are “hot”—the verse displays in a pop-up box, and a link takes you to original language texts and English translations
- Johannine Grammar
- Johannine Vocabulary: A Comparison of the Words of the Fourth Gospel with Those of the Three
- Notes on the Translation of the New Testament: Being the Otium Norvicense (Pars Tertia)
- Introduction to the New Testament in the Original Greek
- A Grammar of the Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint
- Grammar of Septuagint Greek: With Selected Readings, Vocabularies, and Updated Indexes
- Introduction to the Old Testament in Greek
- A Greek Grammar for Colleges
- Syntax of the Moods and Tenses of the Greek Verb
- Homeric Grammar
- A Treatise on the Use of the Tenses in Hebrew and Some Other Syntactical Questions
- The Forms of Hebrew Poetry: Considered with Special Reference to the Criticism and Interpretation of the Old Testament
- Two Treatises on the Accentuation of the Old Testament
- Gildersleeve's Latin Grammar
- Allen and Greenough's New Latin Grammar
- New Latin Grammar
- A Compendious Syriac Grammar
- A Compendious Syriac Dictionary: Founded Upon the Thesaurus Syriacus of R. Payne Smith
- Syriac Grammar
- Title: Biblical Languages: Reference Grammars and Introductions
- Volumes: 19
- Pages: 8,011