Originally produced by the Ministerial Association of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Questions on Doctrine received wide distribution in the late 1950s and early 1960s as a forthright answer to questions from Evangelicals about key elements of Adventist doctrine. Then controversy stopped its circulation. George R. Knight presents a new edition of this classic volume, with an extensive historical and theological introduction, as well as detailed in-text notations. Knight’s essays provide background on the book’s creation, and they explain the context of the crisis that shelved this classic work for more than a generation.
With Logos Bible Software, this valuable volume is enhanced with cutting-edge research tools. Scripture citations appear on mouseover in your preferred English translation. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Powerful topical searches help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Looking for more Seventh-day Adventist materials? Take a look at The Ellen G. White Encyclopedia, lauded by George R. Knight as “the most important reference work produced by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in a half century.”
- Provides a solid foundation in Seventh-day Adventist beliefs
- Includes essays by noted historian George R. Knight
- Offers context for the controversy that stopped the original edition’s circulation
- Fundamental Beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists
- Preliminary Questions
- Questions about Christ
- Questions on the Relationship of Ellen G. White’s Writings to the Bible
- Questions on the Law and Legalism
- Questions on the Sabbath and Sunday
- Questions on Prophecy, Daniel 8 and 9, and the 2300 Days
- Questions on Christ and His Ministry in the Sanctuary
- Questions on the Second Advent and the Millennium
- Questions on Immortality
- Miscellaneous Questions
About George R. Knight
George R. Knight taught at Andrews University as professor of educational foundations and church history. Previously, he served as a pastor, an elementary and secondary teacher, and a school principal. He holds two master’s degrees in theology and Christian philosophy, as well as a doctorate in the philosophy of education.