We face decisions every day—some big, some small. As Christians, we want to submit the choices we face to God’s will. Unfortunately, for many people the process of discerning God’s will has become fraught with fear and confusion, leading to such questions as:
- Does God really guide us?
- If so, how?
- How will I know when he does?
- What if I make a mistake?
In this biblical and practical exploration of divine guidance, you’ll find solid foundations for understanding how and why God guides his people. Discover the role of Scripture, discernment, wisdom, the counsel of others, and the Holy Spirit in helping you discover God’s will.
Perfect for scholars, students, pastors, and laypeople alike, the Logos edition of God’s Will is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library.
- Offers a biblical and practical exploration of divine guidance
- Deals with complex issues of faith and God’s will
- Includes a helpful study guide for individual or group use
- Title: God’s Will: Finding Guidance for Everyday Decisions
- Authors: J. I. Packer and Carolyn Nystrom
- Publisher: Baker
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 272
About the Authors
J. I. Packer is the Board of Governors’ Professor of Theology at Regent College and an executive editor for Christianity Today. Best known for his bestselling classic Knowing God, Packer is the author or editor of more than 30 books.
Carolyn Nystrom, a freelance writer, is based in St. Charles, Illinois.