Eerdmans Studies in Early Christianity (9 vols.)
by 7 authors Ferguson, Everett, Barnett, Paul, Hurtado, Larry W., Porter, Stanley E., Heath, Gordon L., Graves, Michael, Tripolitis, Antonía
Get more books at a bigger discount when you order the Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle!
The Eerdmans Studies in Early Christianity collection gathers nine volumes of modern scholarship on the nascent Christianity of the first century and beyond. Included are works on the earliest development of worship for Jesus as God, including Larry W. Hurtado’s standard-setting Lord Jesus Christ. Other volumes from Hurtado study the origins of Christianity’s sacred texts and liturgy. In The Inspiration and Interpretation of Scripture, Michael Graves explores the beginnings of biblical exegesis and the implications of a divinely inspired text. This collection is a valuable addition to the library of church historians, ministers, and anyone interested in the unique and fascinating spread of the gospel of Jesus.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Bolster your study by cross-referencing and comparing with an extensive library of Jesus studies and church history. Take your study with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Explores the early church’s approach to Scripture
- Examines the earliest stages of Christian worship and liturgy
- Describes the religious landscape of the first century
- Includes Larry W. Hurtado’s standard-setting work, Lord Jesus Christ
- The Birth of Christianity: The First Twenty Years by Paul Barnett
- Backgrounds of Early Christianity by Everett Ferguson
- At the Origins of Christian Worship: The Context and Character of Earliest Christian Devotion by Larry W. Hurtado
- The Earliest Christian Artifacts: Manuscripts and Christian Origins by Larry W. Hurtado
- How on Earth Did Jesus Become a God? Historical Questions about Earliest Devotion to Jesus by Larry W. Hurtado
- Lord Jesus Christ: Devotion to Jesus in Earliest Christianity by Larry W. Hurtado
- The Lost Gospel of Judas: Separating Fact from Fiction by Stanley E. Porter
- Religions of the Hellenistic-Roman Age by Antonia Tripolitis
- The Inspiration and Interpretation of Scripture: What the Early Church Can Teach Us by Michael Graves
- Title: Eerdmans Studies in Early Christianity
- Publisher: Eerdmans
- Volumes: 9
- Pages: 2,872