Lutheran Liturgical Studies Collection (6 vols.)
by 6 authors William Loehe, General Synod of the Lutheran Church in the United States, United Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the South, Lutheran Church, The General Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, General Council of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in North America
A church’s liturgy and worship is the language from the heart of God’s people to the heart of God himself. And while the heart of worship hasn’t changed, the language of man changes with every passing century.
Lutherans have always looked to the history of the liturgy and its translation when updating liturgical, hymnological, and worship traditions to contemporary language and usage. In this unique collection, the fathers of Christian worship are consulted as well—even those from before the sixteenth-century Reformation—so that, while the words may change, the integrity of Christian worship is preserved until the end of time. These texts explore and demonstrate the liturgical culture of the Lutheran church between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, so that in the twentieth and twenty-first, Lutherans find the same fruitful edification that has sustained the church thus far.
In Logos, the history of the Lutheran liturgy is opened up like never before. All of these volumes are fully searchable, allowing you to find prayers, responsorials, and Scripture readings for Lutheran liturgical festivals and Christian holidays. Scripture references appear on mouseover, and these digital texts are fully accessible on Logos apps, allowing you to read as you go.
- Lutheran liturgical studies from 1715 to 1908
- Official church publications from the major Lutheran publication houses
- Exposition on liturgical practices, hymnology, and worship
- An Explanation of the Common Service
- Book of Worship
- Liturgy for Christian Congregations of the Lutheran Faith, 3rd ed. by William Loehe, translated by F. C. Longaker
- The Common Service for the Use of the Evangelical Lutheran Congregations
- The Liturgy of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- The Lutheran Liturgy: Now Used by the Protestants in the Reformed Church of Germany, 2nd ed.
- Title: Lutheran Liturgical Studies Collection
- Publishers: Lutheran Publication Society, Frank Carol Longaker, and the General Council Publication House
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 1,350