The Collins English Dictionary is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language. The dictionary is comprehensive and authoritative, and offers exceptional coverage of world, regional and vernacular English, including geographical, scientific, and technical terms.
The principal strength of this dictionary lies in its unstinted concentration on living English. All definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes are based on the Collins Word Web—an unrivalled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English. To keep up with Internet word usage, this dictionary offers the most advanced methods in linguistic monitoring. Hence, you can rely on Collins English Dictionary to contain the latest words as they appear in today’s language.
Logos offers other great Dictionaries for your Logos library!
- Clutter-free design
- Language notes to help you choose the right words for every situation
- Large bold type for all main entries
- Usage labels to indicate words that are slang, taboo, derogatory, archaic and obsolete.
- Many idioms given full headword status
- Pronunciation symbols that use the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Word histories that show origin and usage
- Foreign words listed as headwords in italics
- Guide to the use of the Dictionary
- Title: Collins English Dictionary—Complete and Unabridged
- Edition: 8th
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Publication Date: 2006
- Pages: 1,888