Introduction to Latin Collection (3 vols.)
Focus Publishing 2012–2013
The Introduction to Latin Collection provides students and instructors of Latin with everything they need to learn and teach this classic and culturally rich language. Introduction to Latin serves as an up-to-date and pedagogically effective first-year college grammar. The companion workbook supplements this solid grammar with challenging exercises, extensive vocabulary lists, and comprehensive English–Latin and Latin–English glossaries. With the innovative text By Roman Hands, students are propelled even further into the language and culture of the classical world through unadapted Latin inscriptions and graffiti as they actually appeared on Roman monuments, walls, and tombs. This collection unites the study of language and culture in a novel and compelling way, and provides all the tools needed for early Latin learners to grasp and discuss this enduring language.
In the Logos edition, this resource is enhanced by amazing functionality. Pull up these resources for reference as you explore the classics in the Classical Latin Bundle (7 vols. plus Perseus Latin Classics). Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Tablet and mobile apps let you learn on the go. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Promotes language learning through reading fluency
- Offers succinct grammatical explanations
- Includes innovative exercises
- Provides aids for vocabulary learning
- Introduction to Latin, 2nd ed., by Susan Shelmerdine
- Introduction to Latin: A Workbook, 2nd ed., by Ed DeHoratius
- By Roman Hands: Inscriptions and Graffiti for Students of Latin, 2nd ed., by Matthew Hartnett
- Title: Introduction to Latin Collection
- Edition: 2nd
- Publisher: Focus Publishing
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 742