When you become a Christian, it is the start of a new life spiritually, and questions naturally arise. This book answers 12 of those questions by means of a series of simple Bible studies. The studies begin by looking at what happens when you become a Christian, and cover the whole scope of the Christian life—including what happens when a Christian dies. Other answered questions relate to confessing your faith to others, going to church, facing temptation, sinning, serving God, tiredness, perplexity, worry, making progress in the Christian life, and the assurance of salvation. Whether you are a new believer or an older Christian who wants to get back to basics, this book will lead you to “the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2).
Logos Bible Software dramatically improves the value of this resource by enabling you to find what you’re looking for with unparalleled speed and precision. While you’re reading What Happens When . . . ?, you can easily search for important concepts from various theologians and access a wealth of other resources in your digital library.
- Tackles practical questions pertaining to the Christian life
- Explains what happens when you become a Christian
- Discusses five reasons why the Bible is true
- When Sinners Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ
- When Christians Want to Be Sure
- When Christians Want to Tell Others
- When Christians Go to Church
- When Christians Are Tempted
- The Whole Armour of God
- When Christians Sin
- When Christians Want to Work for God
- When Christians Get Tired
- When Christians Are Perplexed
- When Christians Are Worried
- When Christians Want to Make Progress
- When Christians Die
- The Second Coming
Praise for the Print Edition
Life can be very hard at times, even for believers. All in a saving relationship with Christ face a whole range of challenges to their faith and pursuit of holiness. Drawing from his many years of experience working with youth, Peter Currie has given us a helpful contribution to know what to do when they come. His user-guide for life is easily read, compact and concentrated. And it is very uplifting—spiritually sensitive, kindly expressed, and very practically applied.
—Doug McMasters, senior pastor, Trinity Road Chapel, London
- Title: What Happens When . . . ?: Answers to Questions for New Christians
- Author: Peter Currie
- Series: Following Jesus
- Publisher: Day One
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 160
About Peter Currie
Peter Currie worked for an insurance company for 20 years and then, for 13 years, was part of a team producing computer software which was sold to insurance companies worldwide. For about 27 years, Peter was one of the leaders of a Crusader Bible class for schoolboys and although his books are intended for adults, they have their roots in the teaching that was given to the boys.