A Short Grammar of Biblical Aramaic (2 vols.)
Andrews University Press 1972–2003
This two-volume collection combines the thorough teaching of A Short Grammar of Biblical Aramaic with the useful comments of a comprehensive answer key. Alger F. Johns’ concise Grammar teaches the fundamental language content you need in order to accurately translate biblical Aramaic. Focused exercises at the end of each chapter directly correspond to sections of James Jumper’s Annotated Answer Key, with explanations to illuminate even the toughest exercises. Whether you’re just beginning to study biblical Aramaic or you’re undertaking a translation of the book of Daniel, the volumes in A Short Grammar of Biblical Aramaic will be invaluable additions to your library.
With Logos Bible Software, this collection integrates seamlessly into your personal digital library, making these language tools even more effective. Access dictionaries and other reference resources with a click. Read your preferred Scripture translation alongside Aramaic passages for faster learning and a more robust understanding of the language.
- Outlines the principles of biblical Aramaic syntax
- Combines instructional text and annotated exercises for more efficient learning
- Clearly explains grammatical terminology in familiar English terms before using Aramaic examples
- A Short Grammar of Biblical Aramaic by Alger F. Johns
- Annotated Answer Key to Alger Johns’ A Short Grammar of Biblical Aramaic by James N. Jumper
- Title: A Short Grammar of Biblical Aramaic
- Publisher: Andrews University Press
- Volumes: 2
- Pages: 219