SPCK Library of Ministry (13 vols.)
by 16 authors Paul Ballard, Keith Lamdin, Paula Gooder, Paul Nash, Sally Nash, Threlfall-Holmes, Miranda, Newitt, Mark, Husselbee, Lesley, Evans, Neil, Pedrick, Claire, Blanch, Su, Shier-Jones, Angela, Rowling, Cathy, Whorton, Bob, Pimlott, Jo, Tilley, David
Head pastor or new volunteer, anyone serving in ministry will benefit from the wisdom found in the SPCK Library of Ministry. Written by prominent Anglican ministers with decades of experience to draw upon, this collection is full of well-researched theory supported by practical experience. The authors’ ideas and exercises will challenge your compassion, professionalism, patience, and creativity. The time-tested tools offered by this library will inspire you and remain a practical reference for your congregation and leadership.
The Logos version of this collection is powerful and easy to use. Perform comprehensive searches by topic to compare the perspectives of theologians, scholars, and ministry professionals. Access your preferred Scripture translation by clicking on the reference, saving time and adding biblical depth to your research.
- Practical instruction for anyone in ministry
- Academic theory blended with real-life experience
- Guidance in topics from church appointments to youth ministry
- Community and Ministry: An Introduction to Community Work in a Christian Context by Paul Ballard and Lesley Husselbee
- Supporting New Ministers in the Local Church: A Handbook by Keith Lamdin and David Tilley
- Pioneer Ministry and Fresh Expressions of Church by Angela Shier-Jones
- Being a Chaplain by Miranda Threlfall-Holmes and Mark Newitt
- How to Make Great Appointments in the Church: Calling, Competence and Chemistry by Claire Pedrick and Su Blanch
- Reader Ministry Explored by Cathy Rowling and Paula Gooder
- Reflective Caring: Imaginative Listening to Pastoral Experience by Bob Whorton
- Skills for Collaborative Ministry by Sally Nash, Jo Pimlott, and Paul Nash
- Supporting Dying Children and Their Families: A Handbook for Christian Ministry by Paul Nash
- Youth Ministry: A Multifaceted Approach by Sally Nash
- Developing in Ministry: Handbook for Effective Christian Learning and Training by Neil Evans
- Finding Your Leadership Style: A Guide for Ministers by Keith Lamdin
- Tools for Reflective Ministry by Sally Nash and Paul Nash
Cathy Rowling is a priest of the Church of England with more than 20 years of experience training readers. Until early 2009, she was director of reader studies and diocesan director of ordinands in the Diocese of York. Cathy is now a canon emerita of York and the principal of Lindisfarne Regional Training Partnership, which provides a range of Christian adult learning opportunities in the northeast of England.
Paula Gooder was a lecturer in biblical studies at Ripon College Cuddesdon, and later at the Queen’s Foundation for Ecumenical Theological Studies, before becoming a freelance writer and lecturer. She lectures at King’s College London and the University of Birmingham, and acts as senior research scholar at the Queen’s Foundation of Birmingham, and canon theologian at Birmingham Cathedral. Her previous books include Only the Third Heaven? 2 Corinthians 12:1–10 and Heavenly Ascent, Exploring New Testament Greek: A Way In, and Searching for Meaning: An Introduction to Interpreting the New Testament.
- Title: SPCK Library of Ministry
- Publisher: SPCK
- Volumes: 13
- Pages: 2,276