This is the popular Ignatius Bible: Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition, with minor revisions to some of the archaic language used in the first edition. This revised version is a contemporary English translation without dumbing-down the text. This second edition of the RSV maintains a strongly conservative approach to translation, and it retains the beauty of the RSV language that has made it such a joy to read and reflect on the Word of God. Now, the only Catholic edition Bible in standard English is even more beautiful in your own customizable Logos format!
This Logos edition brings greater value to your Bible reading than ever. Perform incredible word studies simply by clicking on any word, or study this Bible alongside any of your study Bibles, commentaries, or lectionaries. You can even set this as your preferred Bible and links and cross-references in other resources will pop up in this translation.
A complete copy of the RSV2CE is included in the Ignatius Study Bible. Order the Ignatius Study Bible and save!
- Departs from archiac usage of pronouns and verbs (“thee,” “thou,” “speaketh,” etc.)
- Conforms with the Catholic Church’s translation guidelines found in the Vatican document, Liturgiam Authenticam
- Contains nine beautiful maps of the biblical landscape
- Title: The Ignatius Bible: Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition
- Edition: 2nd Catholic
- Publisher: Ignatius Press
- Publication Date: 2006
- Pages: 1,096