Global Christianity Collection (7 vols.)
by 12 authors Taylor, Michael, Staley, Jeffrey L., Dube, Musa W., Segovia, Fernando F., Moore, Stephen D., Morton, Andrew R., Storrar, William F., Miller, Patrick D., McCann, Dennis P., Min, Anselm Kyongsuk, Yong, Amos, Heltzel, Peter G.
T&T Clark, Sheffield Academic Press 2002–2005
The Global Christianity Collection locates the nature and meaning of Christian theology in a twenty-first century, global context. Throughout these seven volumes, experts from diverse cultural and theological backgrounds examine the historical, social and theological implications of Christianity within the framework of globalization. Forward-thinking and timely, the authors consider human rights, postcolonialism, global ethics and other major issues.
The modern world has found itself in an ever-tightening web of economic, social, technological and political interdependence and interaction. With this interdependence comes new opportunity for oppression, abuse, and misunderstanding between the various, sometimes disparate, cultures involved. Christians have been called to positively impact this situation; to deal with the aftermath of colonization and the threat of neo-colonization; to care for the marginalized; to understand the cultural or religious Other; and to bring justice and a concept of common good to the global stage. The Global Christianity Collection offers insight and information on these and other efforts facing Christians in the 21st-century.
- Public Theology for the 21st Century
- Eat, Drink and Be Merry, for Tomorrow We Live: Studies in Christianity and Development
- In Search of the Common Good
- Theology in Global Context: Essays in Honor of Robert C. Neville
- Postcolonial Biblical Criticism: Interdisciplinary Intersections
- John and Postcolonialism: Travel, Space, and Power
- The Solidarity of Others in a Divided World: A Postmodern Theology after Postmodernism
- Title: Global Christianity Collection
- Publisher: Continuum International
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 1,936