Holiness. The Christian's joint venture with God.
"Be holy, for I am holy," commands God to His people. But holiness is something that is often missing in the Christian's daily life. According to Jerry Bridges, that's because we're not exactly sure what our part in holiness is. In The Pursuit of Holiness, he helps us to see clearly just what we should rely on God to do-and what we should accept responsibility for ourselves.
This book will help you understand:
- How God has equipped us to lead holy lives
- Guidelines for determining right from wrong
- How reason and emotions influence our will
- How habits and personal discipline play a part in holy living
Whether you're continuing your pursuit of holiness or just beginning, the principles and guidelines in The Pursuit of Holiness will challenge you to obey God's command of holiness.
- Title: The Pursuit of Holiness
- Author: Jerry Bridges
- Publisher: NavPress
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pages: 179