Find precisely what you need for any prayerful occasion with 400 Prayers for Preachers. Selecting a fitting prayer and sharing it with your congregation—a task that can often take hours—will now take you minutes. In this resource, you’ll find entries from more than 30 historic Christian leaders and works, including Augustine of Hippo, John Calvin, Charles Spurgeon, John Wesley, Richard Baxter, John Newton, and more. Selections from the Bible are also included. Share the prayers with professionally designed slides—one to accompany each prayer.
400 Prayers for Preachers:
- Provides material for sermon prep—If you’re preaching on a Scripture or topic, you can search this resource to easily find relevant prayers.
- Makes sharing easy—The slides make it easy to incorporate prayers into your presentation. To export a quotation or prayer into a document, just copy and paste, and the entry appears automatically footnoted with bibliographic information for 300 Quotations for Preachers.
- Saves time and effort—No need to comb through multiple books looking for a prayer. This curated collection is categorized multiple ways, making this resource easier to use than other prayer collections.
- Connects your church with historic prayers—We have updated the archaic language (like “thee” and “thou”) from older sources, making these prayers ready to use in a modern context. The prayers are also abbreviated to a sermon-appropriate length. A link is always provided to the original resource.
This volume is available as part of the Pastorum Series Collection (7 vols.).
- 400 prayers ready to use in your sermon or message
- 400 accompanying professionally designed slides
- Each prayer linked to its original source in Logos
- Searchability by Scripture, author, or other categories; the entire prayer can be easily exported
- Categorization by theme, title, type, and affiliated Scriptures, making it easy to find just what you need for any occasion
Includes Prayers From:
- The Bible
- Peter Ainslie
- Anselm of Canterbury
- Apostolic Constitutions
- Augustine of Hippo
- Venerable Bede
- John Bradford
- Robert Burns
- John Chrysostom
- Clement of Alexandria
- Clement of Rome
- Richard Baxter
- John Calvin
- The Didache
- Divine Liturgy of James
- Divine Liturgy of Mark
- Philip Doddridge
- Francis of Assisi
- Gregory of Nareg
- Edwin Hatch
- A. A. Hodge
- Thomas à Kempis
- John Knox
- Liturgy of the Blessed Apostles
- Liturgy of the Orthodox Armenian Church
- Liturgy of the Coptic Jacobites
- Liturgy of the Syrian Jacobites
- John Newton
- Patrick of Ireland
- Richard Sibbes
- Charles Spurgeon
- Thérèse of Lisieux
- Marvin R. Vincent
- John Wesley
- George Whitefield
Praise for 400 Prayers for Preachers
In choosing to draw on the deep well of the Christian history, Ritzema has collected beautiful prayers which will enrich your church life. Pastors and other leaders who plan Sunday worship will find these a rich resource, particularly if they already are using Logos as they prepare for Sundays.
—James Matichuk (MDiv, Regent College)
- Title: 400 Prayers for Preachers, with Slides
- Editor: Elliot Ritzema
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2012
About Elliot Ritzema
Elliot Ritzema served as an Old Testament editor for the Lexham English Bible. He is a contributor to the Faithlife Study Bible and a regular Bible Study Magazine contributor. He holds an MDiv from Regent College.