Published originally as a tool to aid in the composition of Greek sentences, S.C. Woodhouse’s massive English–Greek Dictionary: A Vocabulary of the Attic Language is a valuable tool for building a vocabulary of the Attic dialect. With Woodhouse’s dictionary, the user looks up an English word in order to find the equivalent Greek meaning, making Woodhouse’s work unique with respects to other traditional Greek lexicons. And because the sources Woodhouse used for his examples were taken from the Classical writers of Greek literature, if you have the Greek Classics Research Library you can quickly jump to a reference and read it in its own original context.
With the English–Greek Dictionary: A Vocabulary of the Attic Language in your Noet library, you have the ability to do amazingly fast searches.
- Compose Greek sentences from English words and phrases
- Quickly search for Greek or English words
- Cross-references to Classical Greek writers
- Title: English–Greek Dictionary: A Vocabulary of the Attic Language
- Author: S.C. Woodhouse
- Publisher: George Routledge and Sons
- Publication Date: 1910
- Pages: 1,029
About the Author
S.C. Woodhouse was a Professor and Scholar of Christ Church, Oxford London.