Logos Bible Software is seeking a contributing editor to join our Mobile Education department.
The ideal candidate
- Loves grammar
- Is succinct
- Has stopped reading poorly edited books
- Is professional when correcting someone else’s writing
- Prefers simple over complex writing
- Enjoys editing something due in one hour
- Finds writing style guides amusing
- Finds the Chicago Manual of Style fascinating
- Has two years of Biblical Hebrew course work
- Has two years of Koine or Classical Greek course work
- Is in a graduate level program in Biblical or Theological Studies or has completed one
Job Duties Include
- Fact checking content for Mobile Ed.
- Helping to enhance courses for Mobile Ed.
- Assisting with the curation of Bible related content into Mobile Ed. resources
This is a full time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington.* Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
Please send a résume, cover letter, and two 500-word-or-less writing samples to email@example.com or by fax to 360-527-1707. Send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—Contributing Editor
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.