The dual tasks of interpretation and application are essential for preaching, teaching, and living out the Christian life. Expert guides, Andy Naselli and Jason DeRouchie, explain how to understand the Christian Scriptures in their original setting and how universal truths found in these texts give guidance to believers today. They offer a twelve step process that views each text with a sequence of literary, linguistic, text critical, and author-centric interpretive lenses applied as a guideline for proper exegesis. In addition to their process, these authors also provide suggestions for secondary resources that affirm helpful biblical scholarship, leading readers to a chorus of likeminded interpreters.
In the Logos edition, these volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Shows how to move from genre to textual criticism, take Greek grammar and literary context into account, and journey through the passage all the way to practical application
- Teaches how to track an author’s thought-flow, grasp the text’s message, and apply the ancient Word in this modern world, all in light of Christ’s redeeming work
- Explains how to go further in your studies using the extensive recommended resources for every step of the way
- Follows an extensively field-tested twelve-step process to deepen understanding and shape theology (biblical, systematic, and practical)
- Engages with numerous illustrations from Scripture that model these interpretive steps