Mobile Ed brings the professors, the library, the visual demonstrations of software features, and the online classroom community directly to you—on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device. It’s education where you are.
- Our plan for biblical content instruction
- The value of a digital library for mobile education
- Payment plans for mobile education
- The Mobile Ed faculty
- Mobile Ed and Bible doctrine
- 5 reasons to pre-order the Mobile Ed Bible and Doctrine Foundations Bundle
The Bible and Doctrine Foundations bundle includes nine courses, several of which acquaint you with how the Bible presents a strategic, epic story in an intelligent, deliberate way. One of these courses is OT101: Introducing Old Testament; Its Structure and Story.
What will I learn in OT101?
OT101 traces the epic history of God’s activity with humanity through his people, Israel, by focusing on the major themes of those Old Testament books that narrate Israel’s history from the call of the patriarch Abraham through the return from exile. Genesis through 2 Kings, 1–2 Chronicles, Ezra, and Nehemiah were originally written to capture this history and tell the theological story behind the events. The content of OT101 is not verse-by-verse exposition, but instead the important topics and threads that run throughout Israel’s story, showing how each book contributes to the Old Testament’s presentation of God’s plan to establish a people and kingdom.
Scholars divide this biblical history and its literary presentation into two sections: the Primary History (Genesis through 2 Kings, minus Ruth) and the Chronicler’s History (1–2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah). Consequently, OT101 proceeds as follows:
I. Understanding Narrative Structures
II. The Primary History
- The Concept
- Genesis: Blessing for the Nations
- Exodus: Rescue and Relationship
- Leviticus: Holiness
- Numbers: Human Failings and Divine Faithfulness
- Deuteronomy: Loyalty and Love
- Joshua: Inheriting the Promise
- Judges: The Need for a King
- Samuel: The Rise of the Kingdom
- Kings: The Demise of the Kingdom
III. The Chronicler’s History
- The Concept
- Chronicles: Experiencing Restoration
- Ezra/Nehemiah: Building God’s House
Take the next step—or get started—on your journey to greater biblical and theological knowledge today with the Bible and Doctrine Foundations bundle.
Leave a comment