As I was reading through 1 Corinthians, I came to 2:7, which states in the ESV:
But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.
With a little investigation, I discovered the word translated hidden is actually a Greek noun predominately used by Paul and normally translated mystery.
Here are the steps of that simple study:
- Open the ESV to 1 Corinthians 2:7 (A)
- Right-click on the word hidden (B)
- Select from the left side of the menu the lemma (the Greek word with the ring icon) (C)
- Select from the right side of the menu in the Search section, Bible (D)
- Notice a Bible Search panel opens displaying the results (E)
- Click Charts in the upper right of the Search panel (F)
- Notice the new Logos 9 Charts Tool opens (G)
- Select a “chart style” in the sidebar such as Column (3D) (H)
With just a quick glance, we can easily see this is primarily a Pauline word! As you can tell, the purpose of the Charts Tool is not to provide a detailed analysis of a word or phrase, but rather to quickly show the distribution of a term throughout Scripture or the writings of a particular author.
If you’d like a slide of the chart, use the Send to link in the upper right of the panel! (I)
For more detailed training about the NEW Logos 9 Charts Tool, check out a subscription at mpseminars.com, which includes approximately 220 videos on Logos 9 alone!
Also, make sure to view at your convenience the FREE QuickLook at Logos 9 webinar. During this 80-minute webinar, I’ll introduce you to all of the Logos 9.0 changes!
Leave a comment