The recently released Logos 9 contains numerous new features, but none more practical than the redesigned Commentaries guide section. With this makeover, we can now display our commentaries in various ways, including the denominational bent of the author!
Give this a go:
- Open the Passage Guide from the Guides menu
- Type a passage like Colossians 3:16 in the reference box (A)
- Press the Enter key to generate the report
- Make sure the Commentaries guide section is expanded by clicking the title bar (B)
- Notice the various ways we can now arrange the commentaries (C)
- Click Denomination (D) to display the commentaries according to the denomination bent of the author (E)
Please keep a few things in mind:
- This is a huge undertaking, so not all commentaries are currently “tagged.” Please be patient as the Logos team continues to label more and more resources.
- Commentaries are being “tagged’ according to the denominational bent of the author of a volume, not an entire series.
- This “tagging” is not an exact science, so please be gracious if you perhaps disagree with an assigned label.
Even though this is a work in progress, I really appreciate the effort the makers of our software are putting forth to make Logos as practical as possible. It’s very helpful to quickly view insights about a passage from a Baptist, Methodist, or Presbyterian perspective. Enjoy this new Logos 9 tweak!
For more detailed training about all Logos 9 features, check out a subscription at mpseminars.com, which includes approximately 200 videos on Logos 9 alone!
Also, make sure to view at your convenience the FREE QuickLook at Logos 9 webinar. During this 80-minute webinar, I’ll introduce you to all of the Logos 9 changes!