I jokingly tell participants who attend Camp Logos, “Logos Bible Software will do everything but wash your dishes!” It really is that powerful. From building a Passage Guide report to searching your Library for a concept to in-depth original language work, Logos is here to help.
But what if you don’t need all that power every day? For example, I have a friend who simply wants to look up Hebrew and Greek words in his favorite dictionaries. Well, if you’re like my friend, today’s tip is for you.
A new, small feature in Logos 7 provides instant access to your favorite Hebrew and Greek lexicons right from an English Bible!
- Open a Bible with the reverse interlinear option such as the ESV (A)
- Navigate to any verse such as 2 Timothy 4:1 (B)
- Type “Lexham Wordbook” in the Command box and press the Enter key to open the Lexham Theological Wordbook (C)
- Choose, one at a time, the panel menu on each panel (D)
- Select Link set A for each resource (E)
- Click a word in the biblical text like “charge” (F)
- Notice the Wordbook jumps to an article for the Greek lemma translated charge (G)
- Click a different word in the biblical text like “kingdom” (H)
- Notice again the Wordbook looks up the underlying lemma (I)
Looking up words in dictionaries has never been easier! This feature works any Hebrew and Greek dictionary, so try linking your favorite Bible translation to a few different lexicons until you find the combinations you like best! Also, don’t forget to save this as a Layout if you plan to utilize this setup a lot.