I really enjoy getting questions from Logos users, especially the questions I’ve never encountered before.
Here is a case in point:
I’ll spare you the details of why I need the information, but is there a way to locate all of the Greek verbs in 1 John?
Actually, there are multiple ways to accomplish this task, but in this blog article, I’ll suggest just one: the Concordance Tool.
Try this out:
- Choose Tools | Reference | Concordance (A)
- Select an interlinear Bible from the Bible drop-down list, such as NASB, ESV, KJV, etc. (Please note, if this is the first time using the Concordance with that Bible it will take a couple of minutes to build the report.) (B)
- Select Lemma from the reference drop-down list (C)
- Set the verse range drop-down list to 1 John (D)
- Select Verb in the left sidebar (E)
- Notice on the right you are now looking at all of the verbs in 1 John! (F)
This is but one of many practical uses for the Concordance Tool in Bronze and above packages.
For more detailed training about the Factbook and other Logos features, please consider a subscription to mpseminars.com where you’ll find thousands of videos to help you become proficient both in the desktop and mobile formats of Logos Bible Software!