Classic Thanksgiving worship songs
1. “We Gather Together” author unknownWe gather together to ask the Lord’s blessing; He chastens and hastens his will to make known; The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing. Sing praises to his name; he forgets not his own.
2. “Come, Ye Thankful People, Come” by Henry Alford and George ElveyCome, ye thankful people, come, Raise the song of harvest home; All is safely gathered in, Ere the winter storms begin. God our Maker doth provide For our wants to be supplied; Come to God’s own temple, come, Raise the song of harvest home.
3. “Count Your Blessings” by Johnson Oatman, Jr. and Edwin O. ExcelWhen upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
4. “Praise to the Lord the Almighty” by Joachim NeanderPraise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation! O my soul, praise him, for he is your health and salvation! Come, all who hear; now to his temple draw near, Join me in glad adoration.
5. “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” by Robert Robinson and John WyethCome, thou fount of ev’ry blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace; Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise. Teach me some melodious sonnet sung by flaming tongues above; Praise the mount—I’m fixed upon it—mount of thy redeeming love.
6. “For the Beauty of the Earth” by Folliott S. Pierpoint and Conrad KocherFor the beauty of the earth, For the glory of the skies, For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies. Christ, our Lord, to thee we raise This, our hymn of grateful praise.
7. “To God Be the Glory” by Fanny J. Crosby and William H. DoanePraise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the earth hear his voice! Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the people rejoice! O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son, And give him the glory, great things he hath done.
8. “Doxology” by Thomas Ken and Louis BourgeoisPraise God, from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
9. “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” by Thomas Chisolm and William RunyanGreat is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand hath provided. Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
More Thanksgiving worship songs
10. “He Has Made Me Glad/I Will Enter His Gates” by Leona von BrethorstI will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise. I will say this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice for He has made me glad.
11. “This Is the Day” by Les GarrettThis is the day, this is the day that the Lord hath made, We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
12. “Give Thanks” by Don Moen
And now let the weak say, I am strong Let the poor say, I am rich Because of what the Lord has done for us.
13. “Thank You, Lord” by Seth and Bessie SykesThank you, Lord, for saving my soul, Thank you, Lord, for making me whole; Thank you, Lord, for giving to me Thy great salvation so rich and free.
14. “Jesus, Thank You” by Pat SczebelYour blood has washed away my sin Jesus, thank You The Father’s wrath completely satisfied Jesus, thank You Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table Jesus, thank You
15. “Goodness of God” by Jenn Johnson, Jason Ingram, Ben Fielding, Ed Cash, Brian JohnsonI love You, Lord For Your mercy never fails me All my days, I’ve been held in Your hands From the moment that I wake up Until I lay my head Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
16. “Grateful” by Steven Furtick, Chris Brown, Matthews Ntele, Stefan GreenI give thanks, for all You have done And I will sing, of Your mercy and Your love Your love is unfailing Lord, I am grateful!
17. “Thank You” by Ben Fielding and Reuben MorganThank You for Your kindness Thank You for Your mercy Thank You for the cross Thank You for the price You paid
18. “You Are Good” by Kari JobeYour kindness leads me to repentance Your goodness draws me to Your side Your mercy calls me to be like You Your favor is my delight Every day, I’ll awaken my praise And pour out a song from my heart
19. “Ten Thousand Reasons (Bless the Lord)” by Matt Redman and Jonas MyrinBless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul, worship His holy Name. Sing like never before, O my soul. I’ll worship Your holy Name.
20. “Worthy Is the Lamb” by Darlene ZschechThank you for the cross, Lord Thank you for the price You paid Bearing all my sin and shame In love You came And gave amazing grace
21. “How Great Is Our God” by Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash, and Jesse ReevesName above all names Worthy of our praise My heart will sing How great is our God
22. “There Is a Redeemer” by Melody Green
There is a redeemer Jesus, God’s own Son Precious Lamb of God, Messiah Holy One
Jesus my redeemer Name above all names Precious Lamb of God, Messiah Oh, for sinners slain
Thank you, oh my father For giving us Your Son And leaving Your Spirit ‘Til the work on Earth is done
23. “Come into His Presence” by Don MoenCome into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart And give Him praise, and give Him praise Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart Your voices raise, your voices raise
24. “O Give Thanks” by Matt Boswell and Matt PapaOh, give thanks to God forever For all He’s done, for all He’s given For every grace, bring every praise To the giver of all, give thanks
Save time (and typos) by importing your song lyrics into Faithlife Proclaim Church Presentation Software. Pro tip: You don’t need to manually import song lyrics from SongSelect by CCLI. You can directly connect your SongSelect account within Proclaim to access every song available to you in CCLI.