Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week, followed by a season of sorrow, hope, and great joy.
Holy Week is a time to remember Jesus’ amazing victory over death. It’s a distinct and important time for Christians to reflect on and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus: a reminder of the greatest sacrifice and the most amazing redemption.
Here are several resources focusing on the Cross and the Resurrection.
- N.T. Wright’s The Resurrection of the Son of God
- R.C. Sproul’s The Truth of the Cross
- John Piper’s Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die
- Raymond Brown’s The Death of the Messiah, from Gethsemane to the Grave
- Martin Hengel’s Crucifixion: In the Ancient World and the Folly of the Message of the Cross
- N. T. Wright’s The Crown and the Fire
- Jürgen Moltmann’s The Crucified God
- Wright, Evans, and Miller’s Jesus: The Final Days
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s God Is on the Cross: Reflections on Lent and Easter
- Jessi Strong and Rebecca Van Noord’s 40 Days to the Cross