A Logos user contacted me with the following question:
Recent scholarship continues to shed light on challenging passages of Scripture. Is there a way to display my commentaries according to their publication dates?
I love questions like this because it shows Logos users are really focused on the books in their libraries. The answer to the specific question is yes, and here’s one way to accomplish the goal:
- Drag the Library icon to the center of the desktop so that it opens in a large panel
- Choose the View drop-down list in the upper right of the Library (A)
- Select Details view from the list (B)
- Right click on any column header in spreadsheet (C)
- Select Publication Date from the menu (D)
- Drag the column header Publication Date along the top of the spreadsheet so that the column is visible in the pane (E)
- Click the Sidebar icon (F) in the upper left of the Library to toggle on the sidebar (G)
- Expand the Type section in the sidebar (H)
- Select the type Bible Commentary (I)
- Notice only commentaries are now displayed on the right (J)
- Click the column header Publication Date (K), which arranges the commentaries according to the year in which they were published with the oldest at the top (L)
- Click the column header Publication Date again (M), which places the most recently published at the top (N)
Of course, this same procedure can be used for any type of book, such as lexicons and Bible encyclopedias!
For more detailed instruction about Logos 8 features, please check out mpseminars.com.
For live, hands-on training, make sure to register for Camp Logos.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars, and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.