vBulletin is perhaps the most popular forum software on the market. If you’ve been to a forum site, chances are you’ve been to a vBulletin site.
Do you administer or moderate a vBulletin site that has biblical content? Why not add RefTagger? Your site will instantly become much more useful for your readers, and the immediate access to the Bible will no doubt have positive effects on your site.
Here are several possible benefits to consider.
RefTagger . . .
- promotes citing the Bible more carefully.
- encourages citing the Bible more frequently.
- makes reading the Bible easier.
- keeps people at your site longer.
TheologyOnline is a nice example of how RefTagger can really enhance a forum site.
By following these brief steps, you can have RefTagger up and running on your site in just a couple of minutes.
- Log in and navigate to your admin control panel (e.g., http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admin/).
- Click on “Styles & Templates” in the left column to expand it, and then click on “Style Manager.”
- Locate your style in the list (i.e., the one with the checkbox checked), and choose “Edit Templates” from the dropdown box.
- Locate the “footer” template in the list on the left, click on it, and then click “Edit” under “Controls.”
- Scroll to the very bottom, paste in the customizable RefTagger code, and click “Save.”
That’s it. Your Bible references are now interactive and far more usable for your readers.
If you frequent a forum site that still has plain old bare Bible references, perhaps it’s about time to contact a moderator or the site administrator and let them know about RefTagger.
Get more help setting RefTagger up on your site at the tutorial section of the RefTagger page.
Leave a comment