Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
A fellow Logos user recently asked me how to find all the biblical cross-references to John in a specific resource. Here’s how I responded:
- Open the resource you want to search, such as My Utmost for His Highest.
- Click the Search icon.
- Set the search type to Basic. (A)
- Select the resource to be searched, such as Utmost, from the drop down list (B)
- Type this search string in the box: <Bible ~ John>(C)
- Press the Enter key to generate the search.
The ~ (tilde) is an intersection search operator, meaning that with it, Logos finds all cross references intersecting the book of John!
This search takes a few extra moments, but the results are worth the wait.