As we read passages in the Bible, we’re accustomed to working with cross-references embedded in the text, usually through superscript letters. For example, in the ESV a superscript “n” appears next to the word power in Acts 1:8. Hovering over the hyperlinked letter reveals cross-references for power. (A)
This is an example of cross-references in Acts 1:8. Let’s now flip that example by asking: where is Acts 1:8 used in cross-references?
With the recently released Logos 9.2, we can now easily answer that question by searching cross-references in a Bible.
Click the Search icon in the Go box to open the Search panel (B)
- Set the search type to Bible (C)
- Select All Passages from the verse range drop-down list (D)
- Select a Bible from the drop-down list (E)
- Type Acts 1:8 in the query box (F)
- Select Acts 1:8 from the drop-down list (G)
- Press the Enter key to generate the results
- Select Aligned to view the results in a center column (H)
The results contain all the verses in the selected Bible using Acts 1:8 as a cross-reference somewhere in the verse! This is a great way to quickly see verses discussing topics found in Acts 1:8 such as power, witnesses, Samaritans, and more!