Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
I’m very privileged to be the authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. As such, you may think:
Morris has to be an enthusiastic cheerleader for whatever new feature Logos develops. Being excited about the software automatically comes with the training territory.
While I do eagerly try to apply most, if not all, of the Logos tools in my personal study, I must admit that my first reaction to Logos 5 was subdued. I liked the updated look with new icons, and I saw the new datasets, but I honestly asked myself if I would ever implement Logos 5’s new features in my study and sermon preparation. Was Logos 5 much ado about nothing?
Several months have passed since the initial release, and I now stand humbly corrected. The new Logos 5 features and datasets are incredible and practical! There’s so much more to Logos 5 than just the new appearance.
- The Root word to help my understanding of restore in Galatians 6:1
- The Bible Sense Lexicon to provide insights into beginning in Colossians 1:18
- The Referent dataset to track down references to Barnabas
- Biblical Events to discover verses (all throughout the Bible) that mention the Israelites crossing the Red Sea
- The spreadsheet view of documents to organize my Logos files
- Community Tags to be encouraged by Camp Logos 2 alumni applying the tagging system
So here’s my twofold encouragement:
- If you haven’t upgraded to Logos 5, please do so. You will not regret it.
- If you’ve already upgraded to Logos 5, please place an order for the What’s New training DVD, which is now on Pre-Pub, but will ship very soon.
After upgrading, go to Tools | Bible Facts and build a report for a person, like David. The REFERRED TO AS section in the sidebar will more than justify your investment!
This three-hour training disk focuses on the differences between Logos 4 and 5. In dozens of videos, placed in a hyperlinked menu and enhanced with highlighted screencasts, I personally walk you through Logos 5 features including:
- Bible Sense Lexicon
- Bible Facts
- Sermon Starter Guide
- Topic Guide
- Spreadsheet view of documents and guides
- And much more
After investing three hours with this training guide, you’ll not only know but also use the new Logos 5 features.
See a sample video here.
If you prefer reading rather than watching, then please check out the What’s New Training Manual.