In Logos 7 standard base packages Gold and above, you’ll discover numerous sermon outline books. While I’m not a big fan of “borrowing” other people’s messages, sometimes we may come across an outline that we want to use as a skeleton for a sermon, lesson, or devotional.
There’s now a feature in our software that instantly sends an outline to a Sermon document where we can modify it for our use.
If you have a sermon outline resource then give this a whirl:
- Open the Library
- Place this rule in the Library’s Find box: series:sermon AND publisher:baker (A)
- Notice (if you have a standard base package Gold or above) the sermon outline resources on display (B)
- Open any of these resources such as Christian Life Outlines (C)
- Navigate to an outline in the book (D)
- Right click anywhere within the outline (E)
- Select from the right side of the Context menu Sermon Outline (F)
- Select from the left side of the Context menu Send to Sermon (G)
- Notice a new Sermon document opens containing the entire outline ready to be edited (H)
For even more power, if you’re a Logos Now subscriber, look for the new Sermon Outlines (I) section in the Sermon Starter Guide which links you to sermon outlines based on the passage under study!
Also be sure to follow the new MP Seminars Faithlife group and receive a FREE download of the commentary Ephesians: Verse by Verse by Dr. Grant Osborne.