I’m trying to locate the phrase “the faith” in the NKJV, but the search results include “the faithful”, and” the faithfulness”. Am I overlooking a setting that will limit the results to just “the faith”?
In this case, the search being overlooked is called Match all word forms, and it applies both to words and phrases.
For example, if we searched for the word love with this feature enabled, we’d find love, loves, loved, etc. As I just mentioned though, the feature applies equally to phrases—which is why our fellow Logos user was locating various forms.
Let’s set up the scenario above and disable the feature:
- Click the Search icon (A) to open the Search panel
- Select Bible as the search type (B)
- Select NKJV as the Bible to search (C)
- Place this phrase in the search box: “the faith” (D)
- Choose the Search panel menu (E)
- Make sure Match all word forms is NOT selected (F)
- Press the Enter/Return key to generate the results
- Notice we’re only locating the specific phrase “the faith” (G)
For more detailed training about searching, please consider a subscription to mpseminars.com where you’ll find 1000’s of videos to help you become proficient in both the desktop and mobile apps of Logos Bible Software!