Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
Recently, I’ve been studying the life of Hagar in Genesis 16. In verses 7–8, the angel of the Lord found her and asked her two questions:
- Where have you come from?
- Where are you going?
These are two very profound questions regarding our direction in life, but we’ll save that discussion for another day. In this post, I simply want to focus on the fact that Logos identifies the angel of the Lord as the speaker of the questions by showing a megaphone icon. I was curious as to where else in Scripture the angel of the Lord spoke, so here’s what I did:
- Open a Bible, like the ESV or NKJV, to Genesis 16:7 (A)
- Find the megaphone icon in verse 8 identifying the angel of the Lord as the speaker (B)
- If the icons are not present:
- Click the visual filters icon on the Bible’s toolbar (C)
- Select Speaker labels (D)
- Right click any word in the questions from the angel of the Lord (E)
- Select Angel of the Lord SPEAKER (F)
- Select Search this resource (G)
- Notice that the search results display all the verses in which the angel of the Lord is identified as the speaker (H)
- Isaiah in Matthew 1:23
- Sadducees in Matthew 22:24
- Gabriel in Luke 1:28
For more Logos training, be sure to check out the new Logos 6 Training Manual: Volumes 1 and 2.