We sat down with bestselling authors and relationship experts Bill and Pam Farrel, authors of A Couple’s Journey with God.
Here’s what they told us.
Q: Is it true you have a formula in Red-Hot Monogamy that calculates how much time it takes for a couple to create a love that lasts a lifetime?
Yes, we explain how much T.I.M.E. investment it takes to keep a red-hot love life with a simple acrostic:
- Ten to twenty minutes a day of talk time to stay emotionally connected.
- Invest in a weekly date night to keep fanning the flame.
- Monthly all-day getaway to be sure that your needs for romance and sex are met.
- Escape yearly—or better yet, twice a year: once for a marriage conference, and once for some rest and romance, like on your anniversary.
Q: What are a few ways couples can keep the Bible central to their relationship?
Bill and I see Bible study like one wonderful adventure! Anytime we learn something about biblical history, context, or words, we run and share it with the other! We also encourage couples to do the simple basics so they can feel successful with the Bible:
- Attend a Bible-teaching church together weekly.
- Be involved in a Bible study group together.
Have a five-minute time in the Word, like we encourage in A Couple’s Journey with God.
With their trademark insight, humor, and candid personal perspectives, Bill and Pam reveal the truth about sexual relationships in marriage and what husbands and wives need to know to keep the embers burning.
- Sex is like fireworks!—why a little skill turns marriage into red-hot monogamy
- How sex works best emotionally, physically, and physiologically
- How to avoid the pleasure thieves that steal your chance for fulfillment
With humor and creativity, Pam delivers humor and wisdom in a fun woman-to-woman style through inspirational stories, godly advice, and easy-to-read offerings that include:
- Wow assignments: simple ways to support, love, and encourage husbands
- Wow wisdom: Bible verses and wisdom to help women cover their spouse with prayer
- Wow dates: creative ideas for everything from shared meals to weekend getaway
Every parent wants to help their children make wise choices. Now Bill and Pam bring their trademark humor and characteristic wisdom to one of the scariest topics of all: teaching kids about sex.
- Lay a foundation for healthy conversation.
- Articulate God’s view of sex.
- Protect your children by giving them the right information at the right time.