Several years, ago my good friend Rob Morgan asked me to write the small group study guide for his bestselling book, Red Sea Rules. This life-changing book discusses life principles he personally gleaned from the biblical event of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. In preparation for the study guide, I wanted to locate not only the passage in which the event was originally recorded, but also other places in Scripture it was mentioned. So I relied on numerous commentaries and Bible dictionaries to assist me in my search. This endeavor, while rewarding, placed me at the mercy of others authors’ research and was in fact tedious.
Now, however, a simple feature in the Logos Factbook removes the tediousness by displaying for us the various places in the Bible an event is mentioned. Let’s take a look at it using the above example:
- Choose Tools | Factbook
- Type Red Sea in the subject box (A)
- Select from the drop down list The Israelites cross the Red Sea (B)
- Navigate to the Passages section (C)
- Notice the:
- Key Verses section which lists Exodus 14:15-31 as the passage in which the event originally occurred (D)
- See Also section which shows others places in Scripture the event is referenced (E)
- Click the link Open 20 passages in “preferred Bible” to display only these verses in your preferred Bible (F)
This one section in the Factbook allows us to quickly and easily gain a Scripture-wide perspective of an event!