This is the inspiring and convicting account of three eighteenth-century Christian leaders— John Wesley, George Whitefield, and Jonathan Edwards— all of whom were passionate about glorifying God by serving Him in their generation. They each left an enduring and fruitful legacy through their labors, and they were also married. How they did, or did not, balanced their passion for ministry with being married is the subject of this book.
This is more than just the story of three couples; it gives us contemporary lessons too, offering biblical guidelines and counsel from modern day Christian leaders. Many couples today struggle with how God views the relationship between family and ministry. This book gleans insights from these examples and gives biblical guidelines and counsel from some modern day Christian leaders too.
What is the legacy you are leaving in your marriage and ministry? Moore answers penetrating questions like:
- Which comes first: family or public ministry?
- What happens if a wife senses God's leading in a different direction than her husband?
- What are the Biblical responsibilities of a husband and father?
- What should be a wife's response to difficulties in ministry?
- How should a godly man treat women other than his wife?
- Title: Good Christians, Good Husbands?
- Author: Doreen Moore
- Publisher: Christian Focus Publications
- Publication Date: 2004
- Pages: 192
About Doreen Moore
Doreen Moore is a graduate of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. She lives in Austin, Texas with her husband Dave, and two sons. Prior to seminary, Doreen and her husband were on the staff with Campus Crusade for Christ.