Gorgias Texts and Studies Collection (9 vols.)•
Gorgias Press 2008–2013
Study the early Syriac texts and make comparisons with other texts and translations with the Gorgias Texts and Studies Collection. Delve into the collected works of renowned textual critic Neville Birdsall, or study papers from the First Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New Testament. Learn about the scribes who copied the Codex Sinaiticus, Leningrad Codex, and New Testament and discover the impact they had on the texts themselves. These volumes provide in depth analysis of various early biblical texts from leading experts. They present fresh insight into how the texts were translated, copied, and passed on to succeeding generations, and how they influenced our understanding of God’s Word today.
In the Logos editions, these valuable volumes are enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Interested in more Syriac studies? Check out Gorgias Press Syriac Collection.
- Offers a variety of textual criticisms
- Compares and contrasts Syriac texts with other translations
- Presents the collected works of renowned scholars and academic summits
- Collected Papers in Greek and Georgian Textual Criticism by Neville Birdsall
- Early Syriac Translation Technique and the Textual Criticism of the Greek Gospels by P.J. Williams
- Language and Textual History of the Syriac Bible: Collected Studies by Jan Joosten
- Scribal Habits of Codex Sinaiticus by Dirk Jongkind
- Scribal Wit: Aramaic Mnemonics in the Leningrad Codex by David Marcus
- Studies in the Early Text of the Gospels and Acts: The Papers of the First Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New Testament by David G.K. Taylor
- Studies in the Peshitta of Kings: The Transmission and Revision of the Text, Relations with other Texts, and Translation Features by Donald M. Walter
- Textual Variation: Theological and Social Tendencies?: Papers from the Fifth Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New Testament by H.A.G. Houghton and D.C. Parker
- The East Syriac Psalm Headings: A Critical Edition by Herculaas Frederik Van Rooy
- Title: Gorgias Texts and Studies Collection
- Series: Text and Studies
- Series Editor: H.A.G. Houghton
- Publisher: Gorgias Press
- Volumes: 9
- Pages: 2,513
About the Editor
H.A.G. Houghton is a research fellow in theology at the University of Birmingham, working on an edition of the Vetus Latina Iohannes. He is also a member of the International Greek New Testament Project committee.