Understanding the Bible Commentary Series Rental (36 vols.)
by 39 authors Hartley, John E., Bruckner, James K., Bellinger, W. H., Jr., Wright, Christopher J. H., Brown, Cheryl A., Harris, J. Gordon, Moore, Michael S., Evans, Mary J., Provan, Iain W., Jonker, Louis C., Allen, Leslie C., Laniak, Timothy S., Wilson, Gerald H., Broyles, Craig C., Murphy, Roland E., Huwiler, Elizabeth, Goldingay, John, Longman, Tremper, III, Tuell, Steven S., Nelson, William B., Achtemeier, Elizabeth, Scalise, Pamela J., Mounce, Robert H., Hurtado, Larry W., Evans, Craig A., Michaels, J. Ramsey, Williams, David J., Edwards, James R., Soards, Marion L., Scott, James, Jervis, L. Ann, Patzia, Arthur G., Bruce, F. F., Fee, Gordon D., Hagner, Donald A., Davids, Peter H., Hillyer, Norman, Johnson, Thomas F., Wall, Robert W.
This user-friendly commentary series helps any reader navigate the Bible’s sometimes-difficult terrain. Each of the 36 volumes breaks down the barriers between the ancient and modern worlds, revealing the power and meaning of the biblical texts to contemporary readers.
The contributors tackle interpretation using the full range of critical methodologies and practices—yet they do so as people of faith who hold the text in the highest regard. They present a careful section-by-section exposition of the biblical books with highlighted key terms and phrases and transliterated Hebrew and Greek words. Notes at the close of each chapter provide additional textual and technical comments for those who want to dig deeper. A bibliography, as well as Scripture and subject indexes, is also included.
The Understanding the Bible Commentary Series offers pastors, students, and laypeople commitment to accessibility without sacrificing serious scholarship. In the Logos edition, each Scripture passage links to your favorite translation, and the series is easy to study side by side with your other commentaries. You can search by topic or Scripture with remarkably fast results!
This is the rebranded version of the New International Biblical Commentary: Old Testament and New Testament. It contains all the same content.
Interested in purchasing just a few of these titles? Check out Understanding the Bible Commentary Series: Old Testament (18 vols.) and Understanding the Bible Commentary Series: New Testament (18 vols.) for smaller collections.
- Provides section-by-section commentary
- Contains additional study notes at the end of each chapter
- Includes a bibliography and Scripture and subject indexes in each volume
- Genesis by John E. Hartley
- Exodus by James K. Bruckner
- Leviticus, Numbers by W. H. Bellinger, Jr.
- Deuteronomy by Christopher J. H. Wright
- Joshua, Judges, Ruth by Cheryl A. Brown, J. Gordon Harris, and Michael S. Moore
- 1 and 2 Samuel by Mary J. Evans
- 1 and 2 Kings by Iain W. Provan
- 1 and 2 Chronicles by Louis C. Jonker
- Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther by Leslie C. Allen and Timothy S. Laniak
- Job by Gerald H. Wilson
- Psalms by Craig C. Broyles
- Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs by Elizabeth Huwiler and Roland E. Murphy
- Isaiah by John Goldingay
- Jeremiah, Lamentations by Tremper Longman
- Ezekiel by Steven Tuell
- Daniel by William Nelson
- Minor Prophets, vol. 1 by Elizabeth Achtemeier
- Minor Prophets, vol. 2 by John Goldingay and Pamela Scalise
- Matthew by Robert H. Mounce
- Mark by Larry W. Hurtado
- Luke by Craig A. Evans
- John J. Ramsey Michaels
- Acts by David J. Williams
- Romans by James R. Edwards
- 1 Corinthians by Marion L. Soards
- 2 Corinthians by James M. Scott
- Galatians by L. Ann Jervis
- Ephesians, Colossians, Philemon by Arthur G. Patzia
- Philippians by F. F. Bruce
- 1 and 2 Thessalonians by David J. Williams
- 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus by Gordon D. Fee
- Hebrews by Donald A. Hagner
- James by Peter H. Davids
- 1 and 2 Peter, Jude by Norman Hillyer
- 1, 2 and 3 John by Thomas F. Johnson
- Revelation by Robert W. Wall
- Title: Understanding the Bible Commentary Series
- Publisher: Baker
- Volumes: 36
- Pages: 12,720