The Fortress Press Orthodox Studies collection includes a variety of works on the history, diversity, theology, and trends of Orthodox Christianity. These volumes offer a historical and theological survey of the early Eastern Church, and detailed descriptions of Orthodox traditions. In Face to Face, Robin Margaret Jensen analyzes Roman portraiture and conflicts over idolatry and iconography. The authors of Justin Martyr and His Worlds discuss the great teacher and his contributions to Gnosticism and Judaism. This collection presents broad church history and detailed examinations of key people and topics in Orthodox Christianity.
With Logos Bible Software, Scripture references link directly to the Bibles in your library—both the original-language texts and English translations. Clicking any word opens your lexicons to the relevant entry to save you time and add depth to your study. With Logos, you can quickly move from the table of contents to your desired section, search entire volumes and collections by topic, title, or Scripture reference.
- Surveys the history and theology of early Christianity
- Applies Orthodox theology to scientific enterprises
- Studies the influences of Justin Martyr
- Describes the structure and traditions of ancient Orthodox sects
- Divine Complexity: The Rise of Creedal Christianity by Paul R. Hinlicky
- Early Christian Spirituality: Sources of Early Christian Thought edited by Charles Kannengiesser
- Face to Face: Portraits of the Divine in Early Christianity by Robin Margaret Jensen
- Justin Martyr and His Worlds edited by Paul Foster and Sara Parvis
- Light from the East: Theology, Science, and the Eastern Orthodox Tradition by Alexei Nesteruk
- Title: Fortress Press Orthodox Studies
- Publisher: Fortress Press
- Volumes: 5
- Pages: 1,240