Oxford Theological Monographs of the Orthodox Tradition (10 vols.)
by 10 authors Lyman, J. Rebecca, Robertson, Jon M., Widdicombe, Peter, Cerrato, J. A., Plestead, Marcus, Ludlow, Morwenna, Cholij, Roman, Keating, Daniel A., Dysinger, Luke, Gregory Nazianzen
Oxford University Press 1993–2007
These volumes survey the state of knowledge on 10 flashpoints in early Christian history and doctrine. Experts in Christian history and literature delve deeply into patristic thought on topics such as universal salvation, the trinity, and divine mediation. The authors bring these vital voices from the past into discussions that remain vibrant in the church today—often the first thorough modern examination of these historical people and ideas in English. These scholars provide fresh and exhaustive research for contemporary audiences.
These pioneering works are enhanced by the best in Bible software with the Logos editions. Relevant biblical texts are instantly gathered together in your preferred translation, and enable you to jump into the conversation with the foremost scholars on these issues. Original–language tools draw you even closer to primary sources. Tablet and mobile apps let you take the discussion with you. With Logos Bible Software the most efficient and most comprehensive method to study these texts are in one place: wherever you are.
- Breathes new life into the voices of church fathers on discussions that remain lively today
- Includes clear and complete patristic scholarship from leaders in the field
- Brings historical voices together like never before
- Hippolytus between East and West: The Commentaries and the Provenance of the Corpus by J. A. Cerrato
- Theodore the Stoudite: The Ordering of Holiness by Roman Cholij
- Psalmody and Prayer in the Writings of Evagrius Ponticus by Luke Dysinger
- St Gregory of Nazianzus: Poemata Arcana edited by C. Moreschini
- The Appropriation of Divine Life in Cyril of Alexandria by Daniel A. Keating
- The Macarian Legacy: The Place of Macarius-Symeon in the Eastern Christian Tradition by Marcus Plested
- Christ as Mediator: A Study of the Theologies of Eusebius of Caesarea, Marcellus of Ancyra, and Athanasius of Alexandria by Jon M. Robertson
- The Fatherhood of God from Origen to Athanasius by Peter Widdicombe
- Christology and Cosmology: Models of Divine Activity in Origin, Eusebius and Athanasius by J. Rebecca Lyman
- Universal Salvation: Eschatology in the Thought of Gregory of Nyssa and Karl Rahner by Morwenna Ludlow
J. Rebecca Lyman is Garrett Professor Emerita of Church History at Church Divinity School of the Pacific.
- Title: Oxford Theological Monographs of the Orthodox Tradition
- Series: Oxford Theological Monographs
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Volumes: 10
- Pages: 2,888