Baker Apologetics Collection (6 vols.)
by 7 authors James E. Taylor, Matthew Dickerson, Alister McGrath, Michael R. Licona, Francis J. Beckwith, Gregory Koukl, J. P. Moreland
Baker Academic, Brazos, Baker 1987–2012
Defend Your Faith
This collection contains six volumes dealing with various aspects of apologetics. It focuses on core, contemporary apologetic issues like evil, Scripture’s inerrancy, religious pluralism, and postmodernism.
Discover various approaches to sharing your faith with nonbelievers. Explore and analyze current physicalist/naturalist views on human nature, creativity, and consciousness. Observe a futuristic debate between Christianity’s St. Paul and Islam’s Muhammad as they address the validity of their religious doctrines, cite primary sources, and argue over one of the biggest defining aspects of their religions: the validity of Jesus’ resurrection. Learn about present strategies to defend the belief in moral absolutes while recognizing moral relativism’s logical inconsistencies, growth in the past decades, and political and social influences.
In a solid, scriptural, and non-technical way, the Baker Apologetics Collection brings the beginning and experienced apologist insight on today’s philosophical issues, while firmly defending the Christian faith.
The Logos Bible Software edition of the Baker Apologetics Collection is designed to encourage and stimulate your study and understanding of the Christian faith. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original language texts, and important apologetic concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. In addition, you can perform powerful searches by topic and find what other authors, scholars, and theologians have to say about moral relativism, Jesus’ resurrection, and personhood.
- Addresses contemporary philosophical issues
- Defends the Christian faith, Jesus’ resurrection, and Scripture’s inerrancy
- Includes helps for sharing your faith with nonbelievers
- Introducing Apologetics: Cultivating Christian Commitment by James E. Taylor
- Mere Apologetics: How to Help Seekers and Skeptics Find Faith by Alister E. McGrath
- The Mind and the Machine: What It Means to Be Human and Why It Matters by Matthew Dickerson
- Paul Meets Muhammad: A Christian-Muslim Debate on the Resurrection by Michael R. Licona
- Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air by Francis J. Beckwith and Gregory Koukl
- Scaling the Secular City: A Defense of Christianity by J. P. Moreland
- Title: Baker Apologetics Collection
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 1,488