Anabaptist and Mennonite Studies Collection (16 vols.)
by 14 authors Friesen, Duane K., Weaver, J. Denny, Roth, John D., Wenger, John C., Garrett, James Leo, Jr., Kauffman, Daniel, Dyck, Cornelius J., Snyder, C. Arnold, Klassen, William, Klassen, Walter, van Braght, Thieleman J., Murray, Stuart, Bender, Harold S., Kraybill, Donald B.
Herald Press 1938–2010
If you’re involved in the study of Anabaptist and Mennonite history, theology, or identity, the Anabaptist and Mennonite Studies Collection will bring you a wealth of useful scholarly resources. Containing writings from the most important contributors to Anabaptist and Mennonite thought, including John Howard Yoder, Harold S. Bender, John C. Wenger, John D. Roth, and Thieleman J. van Braght, this collection is absolutely essential for the study of Mennonite and Anabaptist theology and history. It presents a compelling picture of classical Anabaptism alongside modern-day Anabaptism.
The Logos edition of this collection is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture passages link directly to your preferred translation, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library.
- Contains first hand accounts of the birth of the sixteenth-century Mennonite and Anabaptist movements
- Explores the beliefs, practices, and structure of contemporary Mennonite and Anabaptist churches
- Brings in non-Mennonite/Anabaptist perspectives for a wider view of the impact of Mennonite/Anabaptist practices on Christianity
- Delves into the history of Anabaptism for a fresh look at its genesis
- The Anabaptist Vision by Harold S. Bender
- Artists, Citizens, Philosophers: Seeking the Peace of the City: An Anabaptist Theology of Culture by Duane K. Friesen
- Becoming Anabaptist: The Origin and Significance of Sixteenth-Century Anabaptism by J. Denny Weaver
- Beliefs: Mennonite Faith and Practice by John D. Roth
- The Complete Writings of Menno Simons tr. Leonard Verduin
- The Concept of the Believers’ Church: Addresses from the 1967 Louisville Conference ed. James L. Garrett Jr.
- Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective
- Doctrines of the Bible: A Brief Discussion of the Teachings of God’s Word ed. Daniel Kauffman
- Engaging Anabaptism: Conversations With a Radical Tradition ed. John D. Roth
- Glimpses of Mennonite History and Doctrine by John C. Wenger
- An Introduction to Mennonite History, 3rd ed., by Cornelius J. Dyck
- The Life and Thought of Michael Sattler by C. Arnold Snyder
- Marpeck: A Life of Dissent and Conformity by Walter Klaassen, William Klassen
- Martyrs Mirror by Thieleman J. van Braght
- Naked Anabaptist: The Bare Essentials of a Radical Faith by Stuart Murray
- Who Are the Anabaptists: Amish, Brethren, Hutterites, and Mennonites by Donald B. Kraybill
- Title: Anabaptist and Mennonite Studies Collection
- Publisher: Herald Press
- Volumes: 16
- Pages: 6,007